Totti: Every club would do crazy things for Conte

Antonio Conte has held talks with Roma, confirmed the club s director Francesco Totti, who says teams would do crazy things to appoint the coach.

Conte, who has been out of work since leading Chelsea to FA Cup glory last season, previously won three consecutive Serie A titles at Juventus before taking charge of Italy in 2014.

Bayern Munich and Inter have also been linked with Conte, but Totti is keen to bring the 49-year-old to Roma.

We see that in recent weeks there is a lot of talking about Conte, Totti said to Sky Sport Italia. We have Claudio Ranieri on the bench and we have to show respect.

Every club would do crazy things for him [Conte]. At the end of the season we ll decide if our coach will be Conte, Ranieri or somebody else. For now we are on…

Jurgen Klopp calls on points to be awarded to Liverpool if Manchester United supporters force match not to be played (Video)

Manchester United supporters forced the home match against Liverpool to be postponed in 2021. Games were being played in front of empty stands at the time due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but a group of United supporters broke into the Old Trafford stadium ahead of the match, breaking the safety bubble of the venue and the game could not be played that day.

United are set to host Liverpool again on Monday evening, and after a poor start to the season, protests have been announced once more.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp hopes the match goes ahead and believes it will, but he also feels that if it cannot, the three points should go to his team due to the fact that Liverpool have nothing to do with the situation at United and because the season is already jam-packed with the W…

British billionaire Candy ´actively exploring´ potential bid for Chelsea

British property developer Nick Candy is actively exploring the possibility of bidding for ownership of Chelsea.

The billionaire – a lifelong Blues fan – is looking to join up with another party or consortium to make a bid to buy the club after Roman Abramovich last week announced he was willing to sell.

Russia s invasion of Ukraine has led to calls for current owner Abramovich – and other Russian individuals and entities – to face sanctions from the British government, with the 55-year-old Russian oligarch having been photographed with president Vladimir Putin in the past.

Although a spokesperson for Abramovich claimed he was trying to help achieve a peaceful resolution to the conflict, the billionaire later announced he had taken the incredibly diff…

Fans flock to Old Trafford to pay final tribute to Sir Bobby Charlton

It was a simple tribute: a single black, white and red scarf tied around the neck of Sir Bobby Charlton’s statue at Old Trafford.

Of the thousands of fans who lined the apron of the stadium to pay their respects as Charlton’s funeral cortege drove past, one had climbed the 20-feet high bronze and marble United Trinity sculpture of George Best, Denis Law and Charlton to adorn the latter with club colours.

United marked the final journey of one of the club’s all-time greats with numerous black and white photographs depicting Charlton’s long and illustrious career as a player and a director and even his work with the Bobby Charlton Soccer Schools, an initiative which ran for nearly 45 years and helped discover David Beckham.

Looking back at the life of an in…

Lampard breaks hand in Everton celebrations on ´night of togetherness and fight´

Everton manager Frank Lampard revealed he broke his hand celebrating his side s remarkable 1-0 win over Newcastle United on Thursday.

A hectic game lasted for 118 minutes due to a second-half delay when a protester attached himself to the Goodison Park goalposts and could not be removed.

Everton, coming into the match outside the Premier League s bottom three only on goal difference, then had to play from the 83rd minute onwards with 10 men.

Allan was initially only booked for hacking down Newcastle substitute Allan Saint-Maximin, but the VAR advised Craig Pawson to revisit his decision, which he did – prompting howls of frustration among home players, staff and fans when the replay was shown on the big screen.

Everton had been on the back foot with 11 …

Mbappe at PSG ´for many years to come´, says Pochettino

Kylian Mbappe will be at Paris Saint-Germain for many years to come , according to head coach Mauricio Pochettino.

Real Madrid have been heavily linked with a move for World Cup-winning attacker Mbappe, whose contract with PSG is due to expire at the end of next season.

The 22-year-old has scored 106 goals and set up a further 54 in 147 appearances for PSG. Since his debut for the club on September 8, 2017, the only players in the top five European Leagues to have registered more goal involvements are Robert Lewandowski (184) and Lionel Messi (205).

Mbappe is in talks with the club about a renewal but has never hidden his admiration for Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane.

Pochettino is not worried, though, and believes Mbappe s future is at the Parc des Princes.…

Benzema hits back after FFF chief says Real Madrid striker is finished with France

Karim Benzema has told French football chief Noel Le Graet to stop interfering after claiming the Real Madrid striker would never play for his country again.

The 31-year-old last turned out for Les Bleus in a 4-0 win over Armenia in October 2015, since when he has been conspicuous by his absence from every squad selected.

Despite being a talisman for one of the biggest clubs in world football, the door appears closed to Benzema when it comes to Didier Deschamps France team.

Since 2015, Benzema has strenuously denied any wrongdoing in an alleged attempt to blackmail former France team-mate Mathieu Valbuena over a sex tape.

He has not played for France since the allegations were made, and that appears unlikely to change whatever the circumstances after Le G…

Thiago has ´good chance´ of making Champions League final, says Klopp

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has said Thiago Alcantara has a good chance of being fit for the Champions League final against Real Madrid on Saturday.

The Spain international hobbled off with an injury just before half-time during Liverpool s 3-1 win against Wolves on the final day of the Premier League season on Sunday, and was not seen in training on Wednesday.

However, Klopp told reporters at a media conference that he was scheduled to do some training later that afternoon, and that he should feature in team training on Thursday.

I only met him now inside. Good chance [he will make it], Klopp said.

He will be training this afternoon, he did some stuff this morning. It was not planned he would be doing this session with players and in the moment i…

Bayern Munich 0 Borussia Monchengladbach 3: Under-pressure Kovac now four without a win

Bayern Munich s winless run has stretched to four games after Borussia Monchengladbach shocked the Bundesliga champions with a 3-0 win at the Allianz Arena on Saturday.

After winning his first seven matches in charge of the club, coach Niko Kovac has now failed to guide his side to victory in three domestic games on the spin – a run that leaves them four points behind early leaders Borussia Dortmund.

Kovac s men looked sluggish from the outset and found themselves two down after just 16 minutes, Alassane Plea and Lars Stindl – making his first appearance of the season – finishing emphatically past Manuel Neuer.

Robert Lewandowski had a goal ruled out for offside in the second period, but any dramatic comeback from Bayern would have been harsh on the visi…

Icardi named Serie A Footballer of the Year, Allegri takes coach´s gong

Inter star Mauro Icardi has become the first non-Juventus player to win Serie A Footballer of the Year since Zlatan Ibrahimovic in 2011, while Massimiliano Allegri scooped the coach s prize for a fourth time.

Icardi finished joint top-scorer in Serie A last term alongside Ciro Immobile on 29 goals and helped get Inter back into the Champions League.

The Argentina international has carried that form into the current campaign as well, having netted eight times in 11 outings.

Juventus title success helped Allegri reclaim the prize for the best coach, with Maurizio Sarri – whose Napoli side were just pipped to Serie A success by the Old Lady last term – winning it in 2017.

The face you pull when you re beaten in the air by a bullet  

— Inte…